Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Advocare 24-Day Challenge Day 2

So today is Day 2 for me on the Advocare 24-Day Challenge.  I started yesterday with the program and I have to say, Day 1 went much smoother than I would have thought.

I ate clean ALL day (which is a big deal for me) and I took all the supplements at the right times.  However, I did have a problem with the fiber drink.  I was warned it was gross, and I think I thought about it too much and was practically gagging before I even started drinking it.  There are small chunks in it, which did not help.  So I only got half of it down.

Here's where I think I went wrong with the fiber drink:  first of all, I didn't stir it enough.  I've heard it's much better if it's shaken and stirred up real good.  Second, the water wasn't cold enough.  Third, I probably should measure out 8oz of water as I think I mixed it with way more, hence more to drink.

I had no problem with no coffee.  That's because the caffeinated Spark drink really is as good as "they" say it is.  I bought a canister of watermelon which is good.  The 24-Day Challenge came with a box of fruit punch and a box of citrus.  The boxes each have 14 individual packs, super easy to take with you to work or wherever.  Fruit punch is the best.  Truly so good.

I did have a headache by bedtime, but I think that's due to the fact that I get headaches.  All. The. Time.  I always have and always will.  I take a migraine preventative (not working) and take way more ibuprofen than I wish I did.  So, the headache was probably just me because that's how I am.  Or because it's been 95 degrees here, and being in the Idaho mountains, we don't have air conditioning in our houses.  I could NOT sleep last night because the room was muggy and hot. Totally miserable!

I worked 10 hours yesterday trying to begin the process of getting caught up after my vacation.  And while I am putting another long day, I'll be wishing that we were still here......







No comments:

Post a Comment