Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Day with MJ



Over the weekend I had a chance to spend a lot of time with my girls. Both boys were gone and it was just us for three days!  We loved every minute of it.  I didn't cook dinner....or lunch...or breakfast.  We pretty much just snacked all weekend.  We did some cleaning and organizing, some movie watching and sleeping in, some snuggling and laughing.  I also got to spend an afternoon with just MJ.  I asked her what she wanted to do and she said she wanted to go to the park. 

One thing about having two teenagers is that I am really appreciating my youngest still being little.  I LOVE that she still loves to play with her toys, play dress-up and pretend, and I love that she just wants to run and play at the park without a care in the world.  She's 9, so I am aware that my time with her as a little girl is limited.  And that is heart breaking.

I used to want my kids to get older.  I, like any mom of little kids, was exhausted from just the day to day grind with little ones.  I was always excited when they started school.  But now, B will be a senior next year, and Ally is now a teenager, I do not want MJ to get any bigger.  I am suddenly wishing they were all little again and I was a stay-at-home mom again taking care of their every little need.

But since I can not go back in time, I will enjoy the experiences I have with each of them.  And I'm thankful for my day at the park with my littlest last Saturday.  Just look at how dang cute she is!














No comments:

Post a Comment