Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day


I look very tired in the above picture. 

Probably because I'm a mom.

To three great kids.

One of which is not living with me right now.  And that feels awful. And not right.  And just plain wrong.  And hurtful.  But moms sacrifice BIG TIME for their children.  We sometimes have to make the tough choices in hopes of bettering their futures.

Two of which are little girls.

I do love Mother's Day.  Being a mom is number 1 in my life. My children are the meaning of my life.  This blog that I have started is a hope that I will be inspired like many before me to better myself and get healthy.  In "real" life, my world  revolves around my kids.  I spend an outrageous amount of time at basketball games, soccer games, track meets, etc.  I run from here to there every day getting my kids, picking them up, going to work, going to the grocery store, etc.  So I decided that my blog life will be about me.  Seems strange as I have not ever been one to focus on myself. It's definitely time for that now!

However, on Mother's Day, it's all about my kids.  Afterall, without them I would not be a mother!

 
It's hard to tell, but this is the sweet little gift that MJ made me at school.  It's flowers made from papers in a vase.  Lot's of detail and hard work!
 
 

I could look long and hard and I would NEVER find anything sweeter than this little hand-written note from MJ.  Fills my cup. 

 
Straw hats look much cuter on MJ than on myself :( 
 
 
Horrid.  Is that really me? 
 
 
We spent the day in the sun at the park.  We rode bikes, played in the sand, MJ played in the lake a little bit, took a walk, had yummy picnic.  It was a beautiful day!
 
 
 
 
I had Ally take some pictures of me....I am not usually the one in the pictures. I am generally on the other side of the camera.  I am really trying to get some good "before" pics.  I am dreaming of a day when I can look back at these and be amazed as to how far I've come!
 
 
Yep.  This is a good before picture.  I feel sad about my legs.  I knew they were white.  And I knew I had cellulite.  But still.  Come on.
 
 
When the summer weather arrives here in the mountains, I am reminded why this town is great.  During the winter months, and the snow lasts FOREVER, I start to really hate it.  But then the nice weather comes and I can't help but be thankful that we live five minutes away from this scene.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment