Thursday, May 23, 2013

Finding Motivation

I do, and always have, struggled with motivation.  I was always looking for THE thing that would motivate me to work out and eat right.  Almost everyone I knew had something that kept them going or made them start.  I didn't. Until now.

Last year I purchased a Nike Sports Band.  I didn't even use it until a couple weeks ago.  Let me tell you, it's motivating to me to see the actual calories I've burned on there and to see the actual distance I've gone.  When I'm done with a workout, I plug it into my computer and it keeps track of all my workouts in one place.  I can log on and see how many miles I've gone and how many calories I've burned.  When I'm at the gym and I on the treadmill, I can see that I've burned, say, 380 calories.  Why not keep going to 400?  Or 450?  If I have gone 1.8 miles, why not go 2?  Or more?  Finally, finally, I've found something that motivates me!

Do you have a Nike Sports band??



I only slept 3 1/2 hours on Tuesday night.  I was EXHAUSTED yesterday.  All day.  I was dreaming of a nap.  I worked all day.  Came home and declared that I was too exhausted to work out. And then I did the impossible (for me anyway).  I got off my arse and headed to the gym.  Yep.  I felt like a rock star. 

No comments:

Post a Comment